Updated Saturday January 14, 2017 by Geneva Little League.
No Board Member, Manager, Coach, Player or Spectator shall:
The possession and/or use of firearms, tobacco products, cigarettes (including e-cigarettes and vapors), controlled substances, and alcoholic beverages in any form is prohibited on the playing field, benches, dugouts and Geneva Little League grounds.
· At any time, lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
· Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
· Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an officials’ decision by throwing gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsman-like action.
· Be guilty of unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of an opposing player.
· Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, official manager, coach, player or spectator.
· Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
· Appear on the field of play, stands, or anywhere on the GLL complex while in an intoxicated state at any time. Intoxicated will be defined as an odor or behavior issue.
· Be guilty of gambling upon any play or outcome of any game with anyone at any time.
· Smoke while in the stands or on the playing field or in any dugout at any time. All grounds within the Geneva Little League complex are smoke free. Anyone saw smoking will be asked to stop immediately.
· Be guilty of discussing publicly with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any play, decision or a personal opinion on any players during the game.
· Speak disrespectfully to any manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
· Be guilty of tampering or manipulating any league rosters, schedules, draft positions or selections, official score books, rankings, financial records or procedures.
· Shall challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretion during a game to penalize the offender according to the infraction up to and including removal from the game.
The Board of Directors will review all infractions of the GLL Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the board may assess additional disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the league.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.